Northminster was founded through the efforts of Binghamton Presbytery, which is now called the Susquehanna Valley Presbytery. The land the church is currently located on, was purchased from IBM in 1957. At that time Northminster held Sunday services in an old farm house that was located on the property. The congregation moved into the present sanctuary in 1960. The Christian Education wing was added in 1965. In 1986 the wing was expanded to meet our growing needs.
In January of 1970 Northminster merged with the Bonner Church a historically Italian Presbyterian congregation which helped create a warm diversity to our congregation. With our intertwined stories and willingness to step out in new directions our congregation continues to see where God is leading us now and in the days to come with strong leadership, fun, and as the growing community of faith Northminster is known to be!